Sunday, March 17, 2013
Chad9976 attempts the Guinness Gauntlet challenge
It's St. Patrick's Day, so what beer could be more appropriate than Guinness? But just drinking Guinness is boring - let's take up a notch. This is the "Guinness Gauntlet" challenge which was pioneered by Terry Kay, aka http://www.youtube.com/user/BeerGoggl...
The rules for the challenge are:
1. You must drink four 440ml (14.9oz) cans of Guinness Draught Stout (the nitrogenated version) in less than two minutes. Guinness Extra Stout and Guinness Foreign Extra Stout are not eligible.
2. You must pour them into glasses or a giant boot or other stein. (no shotgunning)
3. Timer starts when it hits your lips.
4. A little foam at the bottom of the glass is okay.
5. Vomiting results in a forfeit.
Here's some interesting facts about this challenge:
four cans = 1,762.582ml or 59.6oz (only 4.4oz shy of a half gallon)
one can = 155 calories, four cans = 620 calories
my estimated blood alcohol content after four cans (according the BAC app on my phone) = 0.092%!