|Jack’s Abby Smoke & Dagger|
While this year’s Super Bowl was probably the worst one I’ve ever watched (and no, I’m not a Broncos fan), the night itself was fun and memorable because of all the beers I drank. I basically had a mini bottle share with friends during the game. Here’s what we drank:
Jack’s Abby Smoke & Dagger: A lightly smoky Schwarzbier that paired well with my Paesan’s pizza with sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and bacon.
Firestone Walker Double Jack Double IPA: I actually haven’t had this in years, but it was so much better than I remembered. The hop bitterness complemented the hot wings well.
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack: Same deal as above. This went great with the chocolate chip cookies I had for dessert.
Jack’s Abby Mass Rising: Extremely spicy and herbal “Double IPL.” Good, but I’m getting bored with these onion and garlic-tasting hoppy brews.
Crooked Stave Vieille Artisanal Saison: Quite a change of pace from the previous brews. Delicious combination of Brettanomyces tartness and traditional saison
|Firestone Walker Double Jack Double IPA|
Jack’s Abby Jabby Brau: While I think it’s a great lager when drank on a clean palate, it’s just not a good beer to end the night on.
1. What beers did you drink during the Super Bowl?
2. Did you opt for brews that were [relatively] light and sessionable, or did you go for all-out flavor?
3. Did you try to pair your beer with your food?
4. Were you able to pay attention to the game, engage in conversation, and appreciate the beer all at once?
5. Are Super Bowl parties good opportunities to “spread the gospel of craft beer” to the BMC drinkers?
6. What did you think of that Chrysler commercial where Bob Dylan said “Let Germany brew your beer…”?