I thought it would be fun to interview her so everyone could get to know a little more about the woman behind the images and words.
Here’s what I asked her:
- Are you a freelance reporter or a staff writer for the TU?
- Where are you from originally?
- Did you go to school for culinary arts and/or journalism?
- How did you get into food and cooking?
- When and how did you start blogging and reporting?
- You also teach cooking classes at Different Drummer’s Kitchen, how did that come about?
- Did you become a craft beer enthusiast because you were a foodie or vice versa?
- Have you ever done any classes about cooking with beer?
- Do you ever cook with beer at home?
- Did you ever have any epiphany moment with good beer?
- What are you some of your favorite styles?
- What types of beer don’t you like?
- Have you ever homebrewed?
- What are your favorite places for beer in the Capital District?
- Would you ever consider taking a fulltime job in the beer industry like being a PR rep or a sales rep?
- Do you think the country seems to be polarized where half of us just eat junk food all the time and the other half is blowing all their money on organic/gourmet/locally-sourced food?
- How closely do you follow the craft beer industry and what do you think the future holds?
And while you’re here, check out this review of Southern Tier’s “Grand Arbor” saison we shot before the interview: